26 May 2010

Passion for Worship

Last night, Passion Manila 2010 was held at the Big Dome, and I suppose that the whole venue was packed with Christians who are on fire to worship God since tickets were sold out months before the said event. :)

Though I wasn't able to watch the concert itself, my friends, who were there didn't stopped talking about it. They were telling me how blessed they are for watching it, and how they were really on fire for Christ.

2 years ago, God gave me the opportunity to watch the same event. It was the first time The Passion Conference came to Manila. Honestly, back then I wasn't as hyped as I was this year when I found out they were coming back. Anyway, I was not a Chris Tomlin fanatic back then, and I didn't even know who Louie Giglio is.

The concert was held in Ultra, and I tell you, it was the first time I experienced falling in line from St. Paul Pasig to Ultra Stadium (yes, the line was that long, and yes, from the line itself you can already tell how on fire the people are to attend this concert/conference), and at the same time it was raining hard. All I can say is that despite the nasty weather and the long line, it was worth it. Plus the ticket's cheap, P150.00/person, free seating! :)

My friends and I weren't fortunate enough to have the seats up front (we were late due to school, and heavy traffic), so we ended up sitting at the upper level or the stadium. Even though we can't see Chris Tomlin and Louie Giglio up close, we still had fun.

Anyway, all I can say is that it was an unforgettable event. There I saw Christians, especially Christian teens all hyped up to worship, to serve, to listen, and to pray. You can see how on fire they are to give glory to God. Singing their hearts out to worship. The passion was there and you can feel it. You can feel God's presence inside the stadium jam packed with Christians and non-Christians as well. It was a worthwhile conference that I myself will never forget.

The songs, and especially the preaching was very heart warming. It makes you realize how God works in many ways. There are not enough words to explain how I felt from that moment on. You can feel the hunger for Christ, the passion to worship Him more, to give praises and give thanks to Him. That is why I can understand why my friends can't stop talking about it when they were given an opportunity to attend last night.

I know the feeling because I have felt it before, and like them, I am hungry to worship more, to sing praises and give glory to our Father above.

I wish I was able to go there last night, however I know God has even greater things prepared for me, and I know that there is a reason why He didn't allow me to go. At least I gave an opportunity to others who didn't get the chance to watch 2 years ago to watch last night. I am very happy to hear positive feed backs from my friends who went last night, that they were truly blessed and they were enjoying their time listening and singing praises. Their passion to serve grew even bigger, and they are still on fire for Christ.

Right now, I am looking forward to Passion 2012. Yes, I am hoping and praying that this time, I might be able to go :) 2 years of waiting, but its worth the wait. At least I know they're coming back :)

"You and I were made to worship, you and I were called to love, you and I are forgiven and free. When you and I embrace surrender, when you and I choose to believe, then you and I will see, who we were meant to be." - Chris Tomlin

No comments: