Generally speaking, most people have the same view as I do when it comes to marriage. However lets face it, nowadays marriage is like changing shirts, you get married once, then if your tired of your marriage, hello divorce, then get married again. I find this logic crap.
Why bother getting married if you don't see yourself spending the rest of your life with that person? If you don't see yourself even spending the rest of your entire life with that person, then don't get married, stay single, or stay as boyfriend/girlfriend. Why would you bother spending tons of money getting married if you'll end up spending more than ten times you spent for your wedding to get a divorce?
Point is, marriage isn't simple. It should be well planned and thought of. Most importantly, you have to have the approval of both your parents and of God.
Speaking of God, I remember a certain person telling me how important it is to have God in a relationship, which is not only applicable to husbands and wives, but boyfriends and girlfriends as well. I think it would be better if I illustrate this:


As you can see, this is also my view when it comes to relationships. God being the center of your relationship unites man and woman, basically without God, your relationship won't work. I see relationships as well as marriage as a 3-way thing, it must be between God, man, and woman. God being the center of your relationship makes you feel secure that no matter what, all will go well. Yes there will still be challenges, yes there will still be hardships, however, with God, nothing is impossible to solve and repair.
I don't think there is such a thing as a perfect marriage, however I believe there is such a thing as a happy marriage, and for us to be able to achieve that, we must remember that God must be the center of it all. We must also remember that marriage comes with preparation and readiness. Ask yourself, "Am I ready to step into a new chapter of my life?", "Am I prepared to face the challenges along the way?", "Do I know my future partner well enough that I will be able to accept him no matter what?". Think about it. Not once, not twice, but enough to see if your ready.
Marriage shouldn't be treated lightly. Its a huge responsibility. You cannot think and decide what's best for you anymore, rather you have to think of what would be best for the both of you and your family. There is no such thing as "I" in a marriage, but there's such a thing as "US".
In my case, I can say that I am still not ready to get married. Not at this point. I still have a long way to go, and I'm still preparing for it. And when that day comes, then maybe I'll be ready for whatever comes along the way, but one thing's for sure, at least I have God and the support of my family, that alone makes me feel that somehow, things will go better than I could ever imagine.
No comments:
Post a Comment